Friday, March 12, 2010

Rainbows

Do you know that I have seen 3 (yes, three) full arch, double rainbows so far in 2010?!?

It is usually so rare to see a rainbow around here. Four or five partial rainbows a year is a lot, since it doesn't rain much here in southern California. But with the wet year we've had they have been abundant.

They're so beautiful, rainbows. They always catch my eye and add excitement to my day. I am a dangerous driver when there is color in the sky (drivers beware!). I let everyone within earshot know - "Have you seen this rainbow!!"

With all the struggle we have been going through this year I was going to write a sequel blog entitled - "A Tough 2010 So Far - Part 2". A blog about job loss for both Cameron and I and the bitterness I have been dealing with while I'm lame duck employee awaiting my freedom. But then it hit me... We are SO BLESSED! I don't need to continue to dwell on this heartache and self-pity.

It says in Genesis that the rainbow painted in the sky is a symbol of the covenant God made to His people. He would never destroy them in a flood again. He would provide for them. He would protect them. We still see rainbows in our sky this day and age, and His message is still the same.

Thank you Lord, for rainbows! I'm sorry for the way I can be so impatient and untrusting. Thank you for the way you provide so perfectly for your people. Even in the midst of our grumbling, you make good on your promises every time; every year, every hour, every minute, with or without my faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment